viernes, marzo 17, 2006

Sick and alone

I'm sick. Spring has not yet officially set in which means it is still winter in Spain, but last Sunday it was so hot it felt like the worst days of summer. I took a walk outside the dorm under the sun's scorching heat and then I drank ice-cold beer as soon as I got back in the flat. That's how I started to cough, my throat got inflammed, etc.

Almost a week after it all started, I haven't fully recovered. Perhaps because I was foolish and stubborn and continued to smoke which irritated my throat some more. Right now my body hurts, my head aches and I chill at the wee hours of the morning. I barely sleep from too much coughing and I can't wait to stop blowing my nose.

At times like this I'm painfully reminded of the fact that I live far away from family. Just when I'm sick and there's no one to take care of me, I kind of give in to self-pity. That is perhaps my weak point because never do I succumb to self-pity unless I'm ill and I have to do the house chores myself. I pity myself because I'm feeling sick like hell and yet I have to cook for myself, wash the plates, do the laundry and go out to buy medicine.

Right now I'm thinking whether I should use my medical insurance and check in at a hospital. At least there somebody would bring me food, medicine and everything would be comfy. But if I don't recover over the weekend, the doctors might decide to keep me. That is not good since I have important things to do next week.

Hmmmm...

No hay comentarios: