lunes, enero 07, 2008

Fortune plant

A few days before year-end, my father excitedly asked me one morning whether my digicam had some battery power left. I did not understand the question at first because he would normally have nothing to do with the digicam. But as I would find out at that very moment, the Fortune plant standing right outside our house had started to bear some flowers so he wanted me to photograph it. He believes that the flowers are a sign of luck because Fortune plants are not known to bear flowers, and if they ever do, it would have taken them many years to produce the tiniest sprout. In fact, in our case, we had to wait for at least 18 years.

Apart from my father, our Chinese neighbor was quick to point out with a knowing smile spread all over her face that the flowers indeed could mean good luck. If she and my father are both correct, then the fact that my father got three out of six numbers right in yesterday's lottery (he would usually get none of them right) and that he won P1,000 for himself was the start of this so-called "good" luck. So now, elated over the lottery results, he seems more confident than ever to continue betting in the lottery until the day that he bags the jackpot.

I'm not exactly superstitious but I have something in my heart that I truly desire. The Plant knows what it is.

1 comentario:

cath dijo...

wishing on the plant...so what's the wish? :)