martes, julio 04, 2006

Judgement day

And so judgement day (read: thesis oral defense) finally came to pass. It was held at one of the conference rooms in my university yesterday, July 3, at 10 am. The panel was composed of two Spanish professors and one invited German professor who is, incidentally, the executive director of an NGO to which I'm applying for an internship (I hope I made a good impression!).

I was given half an hour to deliver my presentation, after which there was a question-and-answer portion that lasted for another thirty minutes. I was so nervous! In my batch, I was the first one to finish the thesis and I had never attended the orals of the previous batches. But I guess I did a great job because the panel's verdict on my thesis was a resounding sobresaliente cum laude, the highest distinction possible!

Here are some pictures from the oral defense and our class get-together that followed in the evening. You will see how (excessively) tanned I am!


6 comentarios:

cath dijo...

as usual. impressive.
hope you get the ngo internship.
galing!

Anónimo dijo...

what the hell did you do to your hair?!?

xieurx dijo...

hmm, tanned ka nga. :) galeng, congrats sa thesis!

Anónimo dijo...

i was going to say the same thing...congrats on your thesis but CHANGE the hair. It's hideous!

Unknown dijo...
Este comentario ha sido eliminado por un administrador del blog.
Unknown dijo...

Belated congrats Tony!
And you had to do it in Spanish too?!