viernes, mayo 12, 2006

Like my new haircut?

As soon as the plane touched down in Malaga, I promised to myself: "I will get a fucking haircut." As it was, my hair was already too long that all throughout the trip I had to apply scandalous amounts of gel just to keep it from blocking my eyes. My fear was that I would bump into someone on the road or just fall into the river or something. So on the day I arrived from Bilbao, one of my first errands was to scout for a decent-looking parlor downtown. My heart wanted something radically different from my usual hairstyle (see pic on the left), but at the same time I didn't like to ruin my usual "respectable" look (hmmm...). Hair, after all, takes a while to grow. To make the story short, it turned out that I would settle for the "cresta" (see pic below), a punk-like cut whose name in Spanish evokes images of standing chicken feather. In front and at both sides, it seems like a semi-military cut but as soon as you look at the back of the head you will find a hidden suprise of thick and long hair. In the pictures below it may not seem too obvious, but I think I look quite scary in this haircut. Hahaha. So this is it, my summer look. What do you think?

8 comentarios:

twistedman dijo...

did u work for a non-profit before?

zine_key dijo...

FMA :--)

Anónimo dijo...

tony! tawa ko dun sa haircut post ah. oist.... basta...

vince

halfhaggis dijo...

Your 'cresta' may also be known as a mullet.
Dubious

twistedman dijo...

i knew it. you looked familiar. i was with FMA before also. di tayo nag-abot.

cath dijo...

waaaahhhhh!!! tony, nangyari sa buhok mo?!? waaahhhh!! astig! =)
di ko pala alam blog address ni phen. baka si cielo-mello alam

Anónimo dijo...

There...Mullet... that was the word I was looking for. It was also the "rave" among "Universitarios" in UCM during my stint there a year ago, some even wore striped off the shoulder sabrina necklined shirts of varied colors studded with "chapas" to complete the "80's" look.


Unsurprisingly, this fad has only reached Las Islas shores the past month. In fact, I have a female classmate who actually sports the same 'do.

I like the hair and congrats on the thesis.
Ren

Anónimo dijo...

anthony your new hairstyle is to put in bluntly - HIDEOUS! even the local parlors here in Manila would have done a better job